Mother’s Day is coming up soon! And even through quarantine may ruffle our traditions and change the way we celebrate this year, that doesn’t mean we cannot celebrate the leading ladies in our lives. Show Mom your appreciation with these lovely gifts and goodies found right here in Delavan.
Brunch To-Go: Is your Mother’s Day tradition taking Mom out for a lovely brunch at her favorite restaurant? Bring brunch to her! Reserve your brunch to-go from Lake Lawn Resort. Their award-winning chef has prepared a great meal with delicious offerings and your choice of Prime Rib or Ham. The tempting culinary choices are sure to please the entire family and Mom doesn’t have to lift a finger!
Sip Sip Rosé: With all the stress of the world, Mom deserves to relax with a good bottle of wine. Pick up a bottle from our favorite local vineyard, Staller Estate Winery. With 14 artisanal varieties, Mom will surely find her new favorite. Add a gourmet charcuterie tray to your order and pick it up curbside with ease.
Love In Bloom: Show her your appreciation with a beautiful hanging basket or succulent arrangement from Busy B’s Garden Center. Lasting longer than cut flowers, Mom can enjoy these plants for the whole season and beyond! Call (262) 749-3030 to place your order and arrange for pickup or delivery!
A Little Bling Bling: Does your mom love a little sparkle and glam? Find the perfect something with Utiger Jewlery. Shop bracelets, rings, necklaces, earrings, and more perfect for showing your love and appreciation. Schedule your in-store appointment by calling (262) 728-2011.
Gifts of Glee:Is Mom extra hard to shop for? Stop by Delavan Lake Store and browse their collection of gifts, locally made goodies, and festive gift crates perfect for both pampering and partying. Or order online for curbside pickup!
Whatever your plans are for Mother’s Day, we hope it’s a relaxing one! From all of us here at Visit Delavan, Happy Mother’s Day!
Friday Fish Fry is a Delavan Tradition. Order your favorite feast from your favorite local restaurant to-go with curbside delivery. View participating restaurants and menus below:
Delavan Family Restaurant – (262) 728-1715 — Menu
Pickup / Delivery
The Duck Inn – (608) 883-6988 — Menu
Hours: 4pm – 9pm
Pickup / Curbside Delivery
Greenie’s Clubhouse at Delbrook Golf Course – (262) 728-1339 — Menu
Pickup / DoorDash
The Village Supper Club – (262) 728-6360 — Menu
Pickup / Curbside Delivery
The Waterfront Pub and Grill – (262) 728-4700 — Menu
Pickup / Drive Thru Delivery / Curbside Delivery
Watershed Saloon – (262) 725-6445 — Menu
Pickup / DoorDash
Whiskey Ranch – (262) 882-2800 — Menu
Pickup / Curbside Delivery / Delivery
Easter is on its way! While this year’s festivities will look a little different than we’re used to, we can still celebrate and create new traditions at home. Here are six tips for making your holiday an “egg-celent” one.
1. Worship Online: Lots of churches are utilizing their online presence to lead worship services and bible studies while we are temporarily sheltered in place. Check out the churches below to find an online Easter service:
- Delavan Christian Reformed Church’s Facebook
- Delavan United Methodist Church Online Sermons
- United Church of Christ Facebook
2. Craft Up a Storm: Decorate your home with colorful Easter crafts to help lighten your spirits and get in the Easter spirit. Using supplies, you probably already have around your house, make egg carton chicks, cotton ball bunnies, and q-tip sheep for a fun-filled crafter-noon. Check out this nifty idea guide for inspiration!
3. Bring the Egg Hunt to Your Backyard: If your family tradition was hunting for eggs in the annual Phoenix Park Easter Egg Hunt, your kiddos are probably super bummed about its cancellation. This year, bring the hunt to your own backyard. Ramp up the stakes with clues, riddles, or even the coveted golden egg.
4. Cook a Special Easter Meal: A staple of the Easter holiday is gathering for a special meal. Whether it’s an all you can eat brunch or a home cooked feast, keep your tradition alive. Pick up ingredients on your next essential grocery run to Piggly wiggly to whip up all your favorite family recipes and a little something sweet to make a fun themed treat for the kiddos. (We LOVE this recipe for no-bake peanut butter birds nests)
5.Wine-d Down: Planning for Easter can be stressful without a pandemic in the background. Pick up special bottle of champagne or wine from Staller Estate Winery (curbside of course) or Sonoma Cellars to relax with a special bottle of bubbly.
6. Order Out: If cooking isn’t quite your thing, consider ordering out and supporting a local business. Check with our distance dining page for a list of restaurants offering takeout services at this time.
Which of these tips will you be using to help make your Easter a hoppin’ one? Share with us in the comments below. Happy Easter everyone!
You’ve definitely seen them around town. They are large, colorful and play a huge role in telling Delavan’s history. And while they’re still relatively new in town, they fit right in as if they’ve been here forever. They are the Walldog murals of course!
The Delavan Walldog murals were brought to life in 2015 by a group of mural artists from around the country. These artists create historical advertisements and pieces celebrating small town American history.
With over twenty murals across down, every age and era of Delavan’s history is represented in an active and unique style. From its prudent beginnings, through Delavan’s Circus age, to modern day, the murals tell our town’s story in a way words cannot.
And while you’ve certainly seen them, have you ever taken a closer look? We invite you to take the Walldog Mural Tour and participate in the Walldog Scavenger Hunt. Put your seeking skills to the test and match each clue to the mural numbers on the map below based on the hints and clues provided.
With two different versions, this is an adventure the whole family can take part in. Take on the challenge with the Adult Scavenger Hunt or enjoy the Kids Scavenger Hunt with your little ones. When you are finished with your hunt, send your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org to be entered for a chance to win a prize. Winners will be drawn once a month!
Download the Scavenger Hunt Map and Clues:
Scavenger Hunt Clues
Kids’ Scavenger Hunt Clues
Self Guided Walldog Tour Brochure and Map