Chugga-chugga choo-choo! All aboard! The Delavan Train show rolls into town once again Saturday March 21-Sunday March 22, 2020. This two-day event brings the magic and lore of the railroads to life right here in in the heart of historic Downtown Delavan. Join in on the fun as model train exhibits and layouts from all over the country set-up and turn the town into a depot of fun.
Begin your railway adventure at the Delavan American Legion Hall where you will receive a souvenir map and a “ticket” to be punched at each stop along the way! With layouts in many shops and buildings all around town, climb aboard the Trolley to make sure you see it all.
The Delavan Train Show has events and activities for kiddos and serious hobbyists alike all while boasting a small town festival atmosphere perfect for a family weekend. Admire the intricate layouts, learn about the history of the rails, complete an ‘I-Spy’ scavenger hunt, and even operate some of the trains.
This show features layouts in multiple scales and features some of the most intricate and exciting ones from both “big” national shows and local hobbyists. Whether you’re just plain curious or an all-out aficionado this show is for you!
Admission is free and open to the public all weekend long. In addition to the trains, many great gift certificates and prizes will be given away to attendees. And if you get hungry, plenty of yummy treats will be available for purchase on-site.
Get a chance to see the only hobby where you can be the city planner, structural engineer, and the conductor all at the same time only at the Delavan Train Show.
Love is in the air, and Valentine’s Day is coming up this Friday! Cupid has been hard at work planning the perfect day here in Delavan for you and your sweetheart. From crafts, to romantic meals, to ballroom dance lessons, there is festive fun for everyone this February 14th.
Do you love crafting almost as much as you love Valentine’s Day? Grab your glitter glue and pack your pens to join in on the fun! Aram Public Library is hosting Adult Crafts: Valentine’s Day Thursday February 13 with sessions starting at 5:30 and 6:30 pm. All materials will be provided and space is limited, so we highly recommend registering early. If working with greenery is more your style, join Busy B’s Garden for a Heart Wreath Workshop. In this workshop you’ll use greenery and a little guidance to make a heart shaped wreath perfect for displaying on your front door. Again, space is limited so stop in or call to reserve your spot.
Romantic dinners are the quintessential Valentine’s Day celebration. If you’re stuck on ideas and looking for suggestions, we have a whole list of fabulous restaurants to choose from:
- The Waterfront Pub & Grill: Enjoy a special menu both Friday and Saturday evenings featuring lobster tail dinners, ribeye, and strawberry cheesecake in the relaxed lakeside environment The Waterfront Pub and Grill is known for.
- Frontier Restaurant at Lake Lawn Resort: Chef John Billings has created a very special five-course gourmet meal to tantalize your tastebuds. Start with a glass of champagne and begin your meal with Chicago Stock Yard smoked hanger steak bites and a shaved fennel frisse salad, followed by your choice of decadent entrée, and finish with bourbon chocolate crème brulee, tuxedo strawberries, and a white chocolate mousse martini. Reserve your table today.
- Ol’Wisco Bar & Grill: As a tried and true local favorite, Ol’Wisco will not disappoint with their steak dinner! This Valentine’s Dinner Menu for Two includes a starter, your choice of hand cut ribeye or NY strip, dessert, and a bottle of wine for only $75.
- Johnathan’s on Brick Street: Treat yourself all weekend long at Johnathan’s on Brick Street! In addition to their regular menu, Chef Johnathan has prepared a sensational Valentine’s Day menu. Enjoy live music both Friday and Saturday night while you dine in their warm and romantic atmosphere. Reservations are strongly encouraged as seating is limited Friday evening.
Looking for some after dinner fun? Sonoma Cellars is hosting a Marvelous Mini Valentine Bash. Here you can sample some sweet treats, pick up last minute lovelies, and sip on exquisite wines and exotic beers. Or spend your evening dancing and romancing at a couples beginning ballroom dance class at Delavan Lake store. Close your evening by playing everyone’s favorite: The Not So Newlywed Game. Whether you are newly married, just started dating, or have been married for fifty years, test your knowledge of your significant other and have some lighthearted fun.
So instead of stressing over V-Day plans this year, choose something fun from our list, and you and your sweetheart (or group of friends!) will be feeling the love in no time. And whether you decide to stick with the traditional dinner or venture out of your comfort zone this February 14, you’re guaranteed to have a good time.
Think flying kites is just a summer activity? Think again! Join us for a fun-filled weekend of dazzling professional kite performances as the 7th Annual Sky Circus on Ice comes to life over Lake Delavan February 14th-16th, 2020.
You’re invited to witness some of the greatest kite performers in the world bring the sky to life in vivid color against the backdrop of the wintry ice at Lake Lawn Resort. The weekend spectacle brings together teams from across the U.S. and Canada each boasting ginormous streaming kites, with some measuring over 80-feet in length!
The festivities are sure to be a flurry of fun starting Friday evening and continuing through Sunday afternoon packed as tightly as a snowball with activities including:
- Professional snow carving classes Saturday and Sunday from 1:30pm-3:00pm.
- All-Ages Kite Making Workshop in the Lake Lawn room at Lake Lawn Resort ongoing 10:00am-4:00pm for a fee.
- Arial Candy Drop sponsored by Andes Candies during the Saturday and Sunday afternoon performances.
- Kite Flying Lessons and other outdoor kite activities.
- The Grand Kite Launch sponsored by Gift of Wings both Saturday and Sunday.
- Indoor and Outdoor Kite Performances ongoing from 12:00pm-5:00 daily.
- Kids Mad Dash sponsored by Lake Geneva Country Meats where the first kids to register will receive a free kite.
- Daily performances by Connor Doran from NBC’s “America’s Got Talent” all three days.
- Saturday’s TropRock concert featuring Johnny Russler and the Beach Bum Band at 8pm.
- And so much more!
Got an old kite lying in the garage at home? Bring it with you! Test your piloting skills against the gusty winter winds and gain valuable tips straight from the pros between performances.
If the outdoors aren’t necessarily your cup of tea, the long windowed hallways inside of the resort make for a perfect view of the show all while keeping you nice and toasty. For those braving the cold, hot concessions and bonfire pits will be available to keep you warm inside and out.
Event admission and performances are free and open to the public. Parking will be available at Lake Lawn Resort, the Lake Lawn Airport, and Downtown Delavan as well with a complimentary trolley running both Saturday and Sunday. Trolleys will make stops at:
- Lake Lawn Resort
- Super 8
- Downtown Delavan
- Comfort Inn and Suites.
So join us as we turn our eyes to the skies and celebrate Sky Circus on Ice with us here in Delavan. We cannot wait to see you there. For more information please visit visitdelavan.com.