Hop to it, Easter is just around the corner! Check out the egg-cellent events happening in Delavan this Easter season.
Lent Specials – The Frontier Restaurant | Fridays through April 2nd | 5 pm – 9 pm
Enjoy some meat-free specials every Friday at the Frontier during Lent! Featured menu items include Oysters Retro, Shrimp Po Boy, and Fish Fry.
Easter Take & Bake Dinner – Lake Lawn Resort | April 3rd | 1 pm – 3 pm
Let us help make your Easter eggstra easy and relaxing this year. Order a Take and Bake ham dinner for you and your family to enjoy. Simply place your order, pull up to our conference center door, and let us deliver a delicious Chef prepared meal. Just follow the instructions on the label for a quick, easy and stressful free family dinner.
Must be pre-ordered by Thursday, April 1st at 5pm.
Egg Hunt – Phoenix Park | April 4th | 9:45 am
The Easter Bunny will once again visit Delavan and hide the eggs in Phoenix Park! Don’t forget your basket!
Easter Brunch – Lake Lawn Resort | April 4th | 9:30 am – 3 pm
Indulge in the the lavish Easter Brunch Buffet on Easter Sunday from 9:30am until 3pm. There will also be complimentary professional family photos in the Great Room from 10:00am-4:00pm, and an Easter Egg Hunt for resort and Easter brunch guests at 9:00am! Reservations are required.
Easter Brunch – The Duck Inn | April 4th | 10 am – 12 pm
Join The Duck Inn for an Easter Brunch complete with Champagne toast! Reservations are recommended and can be made by calling (608) 883-6988
For more events and Easter hotel packages, go to www.VisitDelavan.com. Hoppy Easter!
Easter is on its way! While this year’s festivities will look a little different than we’re used to, we can still celebrate and create new traditions at home. Here are six tips for making your holiday an “egg-celent” one.
1. Worship Online: Lots of churches are utilizing their online presence to lead worship services and bible studies while we are temporarily sheltered in place. Check out the churches below to find an online Easter service:
- Delavan Christian Reformed Church’s Facebook
- Delavan United Methodist Church Online Sermons
- United Church of Christ Facebook
2. Craft Up a Storm: Decorate your home with colorful Easter crafts to help lighten your spirits and get in the Easter spirit. Using supplies, you probably already have around your house, make egg carton chicks, cotton ball bunnies, and q-tip sheep for a fun-filled crafter-noon. Check out this nifty idea guide for inspiration!
3. Bring the Egg Hunt to Your Backyard: If your family tradition was hunting for eggs in the annual Phoenix Park Easter Egg Hunt, your kiddos are probably super bummed about its cancellation. This year, bring the hunt to your own backyard. Ramp up the stakes with clues, riddles, or even the coveted golden egg.
4. Cook a Special Easter Meal: A staple of the Easter holiday is gathering for a special meal. Whether it’s an all you can eat brunch or a home cooked feast, keep your tradition alive. Pick up ingredients on your next essential grocery run to Piggly wiggly to whip up all your favorite family recipes and a little something sweet to make a fun themed treat for the kiddos. (We LOVE this recipe for no-bake peanut butter birds nests)
5.Wine-d Down: Planning for Easter can be stressful without a pandemic in the background. Pick up special bottle of champagne or wine from Staller Estate Winery (curbside of course) or Sonoma Cellars to relax with a special bottle of bubbly.
6. Order Out: If cooking isn’t quite your thing, consider ordering out and supporting a local business. Check with our distance dining page for a list of restaurants offering takeout services at this time.
Which of these tips will you be using to help make your Easter a hoppin’ one? Share with us in the comments below. Happy Easter everyone!