If you’re like most people, you’ve probably been anxiously awaiting the day when we can all return to normal and resume our daily activities. Maybe you’ve been missing shopping the streets of downtown, or dining on the decks of your favorite restaurants.
While we are still social distancing and following the recommendations of the CDC, we can still get out of our homes and enjoy a day out in Delavan with a few precautions. Here are five activities to have the best socially distant day here in Delavan.
1. Search High, Search Low: Start your day with a little family competition in the fresh air with the Delavan Walldog Scavenger Hunt. Use hints and clues to find all 20 Walldog Murals throughout Delavan. Don’t forget to download the Kids’ Scavenger Hunt for the kiddos to play too!
2. Grab Some Lunch To-Go: After your scavenger hunt, refuel with some yummy lunch from your favorite Delavan Restaurants to-go! Be sure to check out our Distance Dining Guide to see participating restaurants and takeout menus.
3. Afternoon Tee: Once the afternoon rolls around, head out for a round of golf, the original socially distant sport. Book your tee times with Delbrook Golf Club or Majestic Oaks at Lake Lawn Resort. Walk the greens or rent individual carts to ensure your safety.
4. Treat Yourself: A day out in quarantine always calls for a treat! Order out your favorite ice cream treat from Lopez’s Anchor In. Or if Italian pastries are more your style, pick up fresh cannoli from Riga-Tony’s Delicatezzi.
5. A Walk in The Park: To close out your day, take a sunset stroll through your favorite park, or venture out to a new one. With over 27 to choose from, you’re sure to find some picturesque views and a breath of fresh air. Just be sure to keep your six feet of distance between you and other park goers.
We hope our itinerary for a socially distant day out in Delavan inspires you to get out and enjoy some fresh air. As always, we encourage you to stay safe and be well!