If you have driven through Delavan lately, you have seen the scarecrows popping up on the light posts downtown. Scarecrow Fest is Delavan’s annual tradition that celebrates the beginning of the fall season with the best dressed scarecrows you ever did see! Scarecrows will be “On Parade” along the historic brick road through October hoping that you’ll vote for them as your favorite! Local business and citizens create each scarecrow with a theme and name…and I’ll tell ya, the creativity NEVER ceases to surprise me! Local merchants will join their scarecrow friends for special sidewalk sales and full fledge festivities on Saturday, September 15th, 2018.
This festival spans along the brick road and into multiple parks throughout historic downtown Delavan. Begin at Water Tower Park for the craft fair & flea market, demos hosted by local businesses, food, and music by Cheryl Niemo & the Down Home Boys. Bring the kids to paint pumpkins, or say hello to the animals at the petting zoo at the Aram Public Library. A scarecrow festival would not be complete without making a scarecrow of your own! Build a Scarecrow and take it home. We’ll have the supplies to make a scarecrow and helpers. This is great for the whole family!
Other activities that you can take part in throughout the day are a narrated Walldog Wagon Tour, a pie and cake sale outside of Remember When, and the 3rd Annual Quilt Show throughout merchant store fronts. At 2:30pm, an endloader will dump the duckies into a pool for the pickin’ at the Duck Raffle. The rubber ducks that land in the middle of the circle of kiddy pools are drawn by the kids and the numbers are written down in order. The first matching ticket number wins the $150 cash, followed by other great prizes!! Tickets can be purchased 3 for $5 or $2 each.
As the grand finale for the Scarecrow Festival and the season at the Phoenix Park Bandshell, Andrew Sedlak will open for the infamous Pink Freud, harmonized with vibrant laser lights by the Laser Fusion Light Show. This is a sensory wonder that you don’t want to miss! Find out more about this amazing show here.
Check out the schedule below to make sure you don’t miss out on one bit of the fun!
Water Tower Park Activities:
- 9am – 5pm : Craft Fair & Flea Market
- 10am – 4pm : Food – brats, chips, soda and water sold to support Delavan Cheer
- 11am – 11:30am : Demo
- Noon – 12:30pm : Dance Factory
- 1pm- 4pm : Music by Cheryl Niemo & the Down Home Boys
- 1pm- 3pm : Free Pumpkin Painting
Aram Public Library:
- 10am – noon : Petting Zoo by Gee Funny Farm LLC
Green Space by Post Office:
- 10am – 4pm : Activity Center for Kids.
South Corner of Second & Walworth Activities:
- 11am – 1:30pm : Build a Scarecrow & Take It Home – Nominal $10 Fee.
- 11:30am & 1:30pm : Narrated Walldog Wagon Tour
- 2:30 : Duck Raffle – 3 tickets for $5 or $2/ each
- All Day 3rd Annual Quilt Show
- All Day Sidewalk Sales by Delavan Merchants
- 11am – 1pm Community Bike Ride
- 11am – 3pm 8th Annual Pie & Cake Sale- Outside of Remember When
- 11am & 1pm Quilt Bed Turning- at Bradley’s
- Grill out by St. Andrews Church in from of Utiger’s Jewelry
Phoenix Park Bandshell
• 7pm – 8pm Andrew Sedlak
• 8:15pm – 10pm Mike Stone Pink Freud with LASER FUSION Light Show